First day at first job is always a memorable day in one’s life. And so is with me.lets see how..
Boarding my almost missed train on Mumbai station I had butterflies in my stomach.7 boys and me started our journey to this so called new life from Aurangabad via Mumbai towards more south of India to THE city which is a known metro, green city and to be precise Bangalore.!!On our trip fun,chit chat, cartoons, music and many strangers accompanied. And along with them were all the dreams travelling for the new beginning. I was basically dreaming of my life of freedom...Anyway after almost 24-25 hrs of the nasty trains’ journey we landed at b’lore.
Ok so now here comes the next day morning. I have to be in office at 8:30 am n m staying more than 20 kms from office...gawd so today I travelled more than I travel in 5 days back home...n guess what??M late..!!n guess what second time??This guy has no excuse to ignore it and he points it out to me as-" the first day u r late prakrati what will happen next huh??".Anyway the memorable begins here...after completing a few documets signing and scribbling about some details we were asked to wait there itself...hey did I mention what place is “THERE”?its the place outside the working area of office with some sofas scattered to look like a waiting room..now it’s again me n the boys looking at each others bored frustrated faces...ahh m bored again...to add on we have somebody to see us...hey they are the employees!!very now n then a person will come out to pass by thru this electronically monitored door which requires a card recognition to let u pass...People don’t say a hi to us, they just look at us..no hi no byes not even a frown..!!they don’t smile they r walking n looking at us n that too not even a catch of eye...they just look blank..they will look at u with a face that I thought only dead can manage...anyway hope this will get better sooner or later.mean while we had some talk with seniors a kind of short welcome n now its 12:30 n time for lunch...
Going for lunch made our day even more memorable …First even now we have to take the outer route n believe me we still don’t know how this office looks from inside. Second the stares are getting stronger now. people look at us talk n move ahead. girls were sitting in one corner of the room clustered up eating by themselves...oh shit!!girls in office mean just these? N last but not the least “The Food” I could hardly make out what I was eating...Actuall my lil mind asked me innocently is food so important that u r ready to eat this??so i gave up..!!n we r out back to the same place..sleepy n tired..
But the good news-thats all for the first day...we can go home, look for accomodation...
Now hunting a house n b’lore is pathetic when u r new n when u r new to the local language.
But my day ended in a better way .I got back to my to b jiju to pick me up…n I slelp really well in front seat of car on my way back. He wakes me up only when my di is standing in front of me…what wonderful people…m glad.so m already on bed ready to fall again...its the almost same drill tomorrow..goodnight..!
No comments:
Post a Comment